Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Class Plan

Hey guys. I wanted to talk more about a formal plan for the course tonight, but since class was cancelled, I'll give you a quick overview here, and then we'll discuss it more next week.

In general, I'll give you a small assignment each week (about the size of the week one assignment). This might involve personal reflection, responding to a text, or individual research. In general, you can interpret the instructions broadly: use my questions as a starting place, but don't feel like you have to stick to the topic 100%. If your interests take you in some other direction, feel free to follow them.

We'll also try to complete three larger assignments/projects.
  1. Reading some longer text. (We need to select one very soon, so if you have any preferences, let me know. If I don't hear from you, I'm going to select something by the end of the week.)
  2. Watching and discussing a film. This may be related to the text in #1 or not.
  3. An individual research project. This will involve you educating yourself on a topic of your choice and writing an essay addressed to the rest of us, telling us what you found out. We will discuss your findings (informally) during our last meeting.
More details about these assignments will be coming soon.

If anything here presents a problem, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment